This blog reflects only the thoughts of Daniel Hodson himself and does not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Some more pics

Little sister of my classmate.

Sun over the "pond", that is the standing water left over from rainy season on the outskirts of the town that will (I think) dry up during the hot season

Above and below, some kids hanging out with us by the "pond"


Failed attempt to make a human pyramid. Success in building a human pile.

Atop the mesa outside of a town which was 3k from the small village where I demysted. A very positive "So this is Africa"


This and below, flowers near some ponds/ marshy stuff around the small village where I demysted. It was markedly greener there, and I felt the little flowers deserved some attention.


Setting sun over some millet fields in between the larger town and the smaller villages in which trainees live.
Kids in the small village where I demysted loving the camera. For some other shots, they posed in karate poses, naturally.

2 comments:

  1. love the closeup shots of the kids... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are huge but AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete