This blog reflects only the thoughts of Daniel Hodson himself and does not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

le 26 novembre

Today

I have...
- tried to catch up on the ~5 language classes I missed this week
- washed my underwear and some t-shirts again. Not sure if I'm getting any better at this
- read (i.e. tried to read) The Kissing Hand to my family
- been toats upset when one of my little brother hit another little bro with a rock on the head. Mostly uncalled for, at least disproportionate
- been super pumped by sloppy joe/ cheese stake style sandwiches for dinner (at site, not with fam)
- totally checked out of a totally unnecessary info session and then asked a question that had just been asked in Eng and then FR like 5 min ago
- had a dance party with another trainee, a PVC, kids from my fam, and lots of neighborhood kids. Poss best one yet
- been again intimidated by the prospect of a "social scene" en route/ on return trip to site
- been told I will make a good PCV. Makes me happy. Also, I feel the pressure of my own ideas of what I want to do, the knowledge of how great an opportunity this is, the awareness of what I need to accomplish to get where I think I want to go, and the expectations I build by continuing to do well in training
- gotten copies of A TON of pics from the Thanksgiving fashion show!!!

I have not...
- packed yet (crap, waking up in 7 hours)
- appropriately or adequately provided moral support to a fellow trainee in need
- gotten over the two trainees who scored a level above me on the language assesment
- nailed any handstands (very off with those tonight...jam bambata)

No comments:

Post a Comment