Today
I have...
- felt actually sick for the first time and made an apprently lightening fast recovery
- made yet another trip to Niamey (since everyone knows this is the capital, this is safe to say, right?)
- made first phone call to fam!! (thanks Cass for the skype credit
- got my first package from home!! (thanks fam!)
- got my first letter from Bella's class (thanks class!)
- got my first letter from someone not my mom!! (thanks Nunnie!!)
- slept more during daylight hours than any other day
- felt super guilty that it takes $50 to send $5 worth of stuff. I think I am going to ask everyone to hold packages, unless it's something I specifically request. Put the money that would be wasted on packages into a piggy bank and I can tap into this when I have a project in my village that needs funding
- decided that being sick, even a little, is no fun and that I should better take care of people who are sick
- watched some Insult Comic Dog (what's the dog's name? from the late Conan O'Brian show) shorts on the DVD player at the site and hoped that TV is not the only exposure the world has to America
I have not
- thrown up (that's a victory by itself I think)
- written in my journal in 2-3 days (didn't have it in Niamey Mon night, too sick last night, maybe tonight?)
- succeeded in putting my new Orange (brand not the color) into my USA phone. Guess I will need to buy a phone?
- read any of the letters I got today
- attended language class today (very frustrating)
- succeeded in writing a poem, toast, Thanksgiving play, song or any other shenanigans for Thanksgiving tomorrow
- been real shaken up about it being Thanksgiving or missing Thanksgiving. I dunno, for one, once you're in the flow, you don't really miss things like that sometimes and for another, it doesn't really feel like it. Maybe my sentiments will change tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment