This blog reflects only the thoughts of Daniel Hodson himself and does not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

le 19 decembre

1000h

Will take moment to vent about frustrating morning. Torn about what to do today on day off. Had planned to stay in our town, but lots of people going into Niamey to the American rec center...and the pool, American food, internet, etc. I didn't feel the need to go, but realized it may be the last chance for a good week and a half to post to the blog, including the info about my site. Also, it would be helpful to pull of shennanigans planned for this week and around the holidays to go in. But, I somehow ran out my money by buying a phone yesterday, so don't actually have the cash to pull off the trip. The frustrating part is that everything seems outside my control. I wake up, just want to get the run and cals out of the way, create a little specactle coming and going, have to engage fam in conversation a bunch, hold a baby a few times. Go to site to see if I can exchange some of my American money, which I have been trying not to use at all since we're given more than enough to cover our expenses, but the guy isn't there. Go to buy breakfast, the girl drops my bread on the ground, kids asking me for bread, my little bro's asking what I'm doing, where I'm going. Escape to teacher's house to study some maybe, and the wind is blowing dust while I'm trying to type this. There is no safe place, and I cannot steal a moment to think about what I actually want to DO, I just bounce from one thing to the next as circimstances push me. Told my little bros I will play socccer before lunch, which puts time pressure on relaxed study time and trip to the nearby village to visit trainees there.

No comments:

Post a Comment